2022 Trustee Meetings (at noon)
- March 9, 2022, The Annual Meeting
- May 10, 2022, Trustee Meeting @ Society’s office pending further notice
- September 13, 2022, Trustee Meeting @ Society’s office pending further notice
- December 13, 2022, Trustee Meeting @ Society’s office pending further notice
- February 16, 2022, 10AM and 6PM: Olmsted Scholar, Lawrence Cotton, presentation at the Birmingham Botanical Gardens, Co-sponsored by the Birmingham Historical Society which will be selling books on the work of the Olmsted Brothers in Birmingham (free but registration required)
- February 28, 2022, 7PM: The 80th Annual Meeting of the Birmingham Historical Society featuring A Local Landmark & Legendary Leader: Slossfield & Dr. Boulware with Speakers: Sharon Holley & Thomas Boulware III (free & open to the public)
- April 24, 2022, 5PM: Heritage Society at the Bush-Hill-Cooley Residence (ticket required)
Grandmother’s Garden at Sloss Quarters will be open Tuesday to Saturday from 10AM to 2PM
2021 Trustee Meetings (at noon)
- March 9, 2021, The Annual Meeting, via Zoom
- May 11, 2021, Trustee Meeting, via Zoom
- Sept 14, 2021, Trustee Meeting, @ Society’s office pending further notice
- Dec 14, 2021, Trustee Meeting, @ Society’s office pending further notice
2021 Events (pending resolution of the Covid-19 pandemic)
- The Annual Meeting, date TBA
- Publication Celebration for Birmingham: The City Beautiful, Compliments of George Ward, date TBA
- Publication Celebration for A Guide to Birmingham, date TBA
- Heritage Society Gathering 2020, Bush-Hill-Cooley House, Redmont Road, date TBA
- Heritage Society Gathering 2021, Meyer-Lanier House, Altamont Road, date TBA
- Alabama Plein Air Artists paint the Society’s garden at Sloss Quarters, April 25
Annual Meeting of the Members: February 24, 2020, 7-9 p.m. Auditorium, Birmingham Botanical Gardens
- Presentation-The Saga of the Ross Bridge, John T. Milner, the South & North Railroad, and the Creation of Birmingham by Birgit Kibelka and Marjorie White
- Presentation of our 2020 Strategic Plan
- Publication Celebration for The Birmingham District-An Industrial History and Guide
- Family Favorites: Cake and Pie Competition
Annual Tour of Churches-Avondale: April 5, 2020, 2-5PM
Led By David Bains
Begins at Redeemer Community Church
4022 4th Avenue South
Heritage Society Spring Gathering: May 10th, Noon
At the Bush-Hill Residence, Redmont Road
FLASH SALE! One day ONLY!
- Saturday, November 16th, 9AM to 4PM at Little Hardware, 2117 Cahaba Road, 35223. Our most popular books will be ON SALE at heavily discounted prices, just in time for the holidays. Give the Gift of Birmingham History!
Second Saturdays at Sloss-Walks and Talks in Grandmother’s Garden, April-October, 10:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m. This year’s plantings and Walks and Talks at Grandmother’s Garden explore cultural traditions in our Birmingham “soul” food.
- Sunday, October 13, 3-5 p.m.–Garden Party, Publication Celebration, and Exhibit of watercolors from Pretty Posies, Healing Powers–An Herbal Primer by featured artists Sumter Coleman, Gail Cosby, Ellen Erdreich, Louise McPhillips, and Jane Reed Ross, all Birmingham residents. Grandmother’s Garden at Sloss Quarters, 10 North 32nd Street.
- October 15-November 30–Watercolors from Pretty Posies, Healing Powers–An Herbal Primer. Birmingham Botanical Gardens Library Gallery.
- August 10, 10:30-11:30 a.m., Greek Culinary Heritage
- September 14, 10:30-11:30 a.m, American Culinary Heritage
- October 12, 10:30-11:30 a.m., German Culinary Heritage
All programs are free of charge.