Scroll down or click to review and submit Trustee Service Form
Thank you for your interest in serving as a Trustee of the Birmingham Historical Society. Trustees serve annually renewable terms from April 1st to March 31st. Society by-laws state that Trustees must first be members and current on membership fees, then submit their Trustee fees, submit an annual conflict of interest statement (by the date below), and attend at least two Trustee meetings or contribute to the Society in another significant way in order to be considered.
- February 27th, the Annual Meeting of the Trustees at Birmingham Botanical Gardens 5:30PM. Favorite Cake Competition begins at 4 PM on February 27th. This year’s cakes may be the favorite cake of your childhood! We encourage everyone to enter!
- May 9th at BHS offices, 2827 Highland Avenue at Noon for lunch
- September 12 at BHS offices, 2827 Highland Avenue at Noon for lunch
- December 12 at BHS offices, 2827 Highland Avenue at Noon for lunch
Executive Committee Meetings (Officers only)
- January 10th at BHS offices, 2827 Highland Avenue at Noon for lunch
- February 14
- April 11
- June 13
- July 11
- August 8
- October 10
- November 14
Finance Committee Meeting: TBA
Investment Committee Meeting at Porter White Steiner Building, January 17th, at 3 PM
Nominating Committee Meeting, January 11th at Noon
If you meet these requirements, please return the Trustee Service Form by February 14TH, 2023. Note that there are a limited number of Trustees, and all applications must be approved by the Nominating Committee.
If you wish to serve as a Trustee, please complete this form online and submit payment (via paypal or check) OR print and fill out the PDF file HERE and return it with your check for Trustee Fees to Birmingham Historical Society/P.O. Box 321474, Birmingham, AL 35232 before FEBRUARY 14TH, 2023
To pay by check: Please send a check to the Society’s office: Birmingham Historical Society, P.O. Box 321474, Birmingham, AL 35232
Please note that Trustee Fees are in addition to regular Membership or Heritage Society Fees and pay for the expense of meetings.